Create a memorable music experience for your guests while supporting music education. Hire a jazz combo from the nationally renowned Mountlake Terrace High School Music Program to elevate your next event.
Our small combos play jazz standards from the past or contemporary smooth jazz interpretations of more current songs. Combos include current musicians from the Mountlake Terrace High School Jazz Program.
Jazz combos have performed at the Gates Foundation, Lynnwood Holiday Bazaar, Port of Edmonds Sea Jazz, City of Mountlake Terrace 3rd of July Celebration, City of Lynnwood Fair on 44th, local restaurants, and private events.
A jazz combo of three to five musicians (may include a combination of these instruments: piano, guitar, drums, bass, saxophone, trombone, trumpet) is $300 for a 60-minute set or $500 for a 2-hour set. Additional musicians beyond 5 are $50 per musician/per hour.
The two hour performance includes two sets of music with a 10 minute break between sets. Musicians will arrive at least 30 minutes before the start time and require 30 minutes to tear down equipment. There may be additional costs for increased time spent at the event, parking, and for travel outside south Snohomish County/north King County.
Special rates can be negotiated for public service and fundraising events.
We will send an invoice via email, which you may pay by check, cash, or through PayPal. We ask that invoices be paid no later than 2 weeks following the event.
We suggest booking a jazz combo at least one month in advance because our musicians have many obligations, including full high school academic and music schedules during the school year. The school year is generally the first Wednesday after Labor Day through the third weekend of June.
In addition, our musicians perform outside school hours in evenings and weekends, and perform in south Snohomish and north King counties.
- Space: A five person combo requires a 10’ x 10’ area to perform. Specific information about the venue (e.g. overall room or space description) is helpful for planning and selecting instruments.
- Power: Performers need access to two electrical outlets. More may be needed for small PA systems. The groups travel with extension cords and power strips.
- Piano: Please let us know if you have an on-site piano which you’d like us to use instead of our keyboard.
- Outdoors: Outdoor performances have specific requirements in terms where the musicians can be placed.
- Water: Please have water available, or easy access to a drinking fountain.
- Amplification: If the performance is in a large space such as a ballroom, additional amplification (microphones and PA system) will be needed.
- Parking: Since there is equipment to move and set up, the closer the musicians can be to the performance stage when they are unloading, the easier and quicker it will be to set up and teardown. It helps to know in advance whether there is a parking lot close by and what the fees are to park there. If possible, we ask that students receive vouchers to cover parking fees.
Attire dress for the combo members may be formal [black pants/solid color collared shirts] or appropriate casual. We are welcome to discuss.
Bookings are managed through the Mountlake Terrace High School Music Boosters. Contact Brett Holt, Gig Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for booking inquiries.
Thank you for your interest in Mountlake Terrace High School Jazz!